Friday, July 28, 2017

July 23rd 2017 HACA Meeting Minutes

July 23rd 2017
HACA Meeting Minutes

HACA Council Meeting Agenda

        Call to order, 3:00

I.                    President's Report- Peter Jager-
a.     Donated refrigerator-Full size refrigerator donated at zero cost to us. Installed and working perfectly. Figure out what to do with the mini fridge that is still in working order.
b.     Food Basket- Kat will be attending the farmer’s market on Aug. 12th 10 a.m. for food distribution. They also have an EBT machine to purchase bulk produce bags.
c.      Hawaiian Acres entrance stone- this item will be tabled until further notice- motion to table 6 Ayes 1 Abstain.
II.                 VP- Alex Shade not present-
1.     Discussion on Famer’s Market manager- We need to find a volunteer manager who is vetted and trusted and create a contract for them.
III.              Treasurer Report
1.     Glenda would like the financials added to the agenda. This would be membership count, bank balance etc. She will let office manager know exactly what will be added. She will also be getting with OM about changing some labels on the QuickBooks report.
2.     Discussion on how to get more memberships- how to bring in more members aside from reminder cards and newsletters.
a.      Silent auction/Raffle with donations from businesses.   
b.     Hawaiian Acres T-shirts/Stickers
c.      Bingo-winning prizes etc
d.     “smoker money” and monthly drawings
3.     -$4712.57 for the month of June.  -$2472.73 for the Year. We paid our $8200 insurance up front this year. This explains our negative for the year.
IV.              Office Manger Report- Ashley          
                                                          i.      243 Members thru June.
                                                        ii.      Postcard reminder will be drafted by Friday 7/28- we will not be sharing postcards/printing/mailing with HARC. We will be using Office Max for printing with 50% discount.
                                                      iii.      Paypal report- online payment system statements available. There was confusion on how this feature works and what we do with the funds in the account. All paypal funds are deposited directly into our HFS checking account. Paypal has “bank statements” just like any bank account. Monthly report will be available in corp. binder.
                                                      iv.      Amazon Business account- Motion for office manager to use this account to order supplies. 6 Ayes 0 No – OM must do price comparison and take advantage of any deals in town.
                                                        v.      OM will list membership count vs same time last year. That way we can see where we are at month for month.
                                                      vi.      HARC has cut us a check for combined payments- $360 for 12 memberships since January.

V.                New business-
a.     What projects are coming up in the near future?
                                                          i.      Water pump/leaks
                                                        ii.      Outside painting of building
                                                      iii.      Rotten wood needs replaced on back side of building- evidence of termites etc.
                                                      iv.      Fire Ant Treatment- Call Joe Tucker to get community center treated. This needs to include the culvert where they are breeding.

VIII.     Meeting Adjourned  4:21 P.M

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

July 23rd 2017 Meeting Agenda

July 23rd 2017 Agenda

HACA Council Meeting Agenda

    I.           Call to order, 3:00

    II. President's Report- Peter Jager
a.     Donated refrigerator- vote
b.     Roof power washing and painting- complete
c.      Food Basket- Aug 12th Farmer’s Market 10 am
d.     Hawaiian Acres entrance stone  -  moving forward
e.     Discussion on upcoming priorities for the community center
                                                                          i.      What project is next?
                                                                        ii.      What issues need addressed?
                                                                      iii.      What do we need to accomplish in the next 30/60 days?
III. Vice President's Report- Alex Shade
i.                    Farmer’s Market manager- Discussion
IV. Secretary’s Report- Patrice Macdonald
i.        Explanation of law that was vetoed this week.

V.  Treasurer’s Report- P&L for June
VI. Office Manager Report
                                    Membership end of June 243 vs 506 end of last year.
                                    Mailing of reminder cards- HARC
                                    Paypal-How it works
                                    Amazon- auto ship of supplies

VII. New Business- Discussion

 Next meeting    August 27th 2017

VIII.     Meeting Adjourned